Re: Catweasel driver

On 6 February 2010 13:33, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:
> Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>
>> Can't you use the approach e.g. of the wpi(4) driver and load the
>> firmware image from the filesystem?
>
> No, firmload(9) would not really be an option, because I want to detect
> connected devices, like a keyboard and floppy disk drives during boot.
> Without the firmware this would be impossible.

firmload can currently load from a set of directories. Has anyone
considered extending firmload to optionally load from memory as well -
possibly an included ramdisk image? That would allow the choice of
building in firmware images which could be loaded at boot and then the
memory released. Plus it keeps a single consistent API.

Just a thought :)