Re: blocksizes

tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost (Izumi Tsutsui) writes:

>I guess UCB guys put fsbtodb value into superblock to handle
>variable hardware sector size. But in current implementation
>some code uses fsbtodb() (ffs_alloccg() etc) and others use
>btodb() (ffs_alloc() etc) so it's quite inconsistent.

btodb() translates bytes to disk blocks (in DEV_BSIZE units).
That's a different functionality, but of course needs to be
aligned with the other block translations like fsbtodb().

One more todo if you'd want to change the disk driver API from
using DEV_BSIZE units to something else.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost