Re: biodone() and splbio ?

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:16:41PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
[I wrote]
> > I think this stuff should all be mutex-protected.  For what other
> > reason do we need splbio/splvm in here any more?
>
> Because it has not yet been made MP-safe ?
> Sure, make these MP-safe but as a quick fix for netbsd-5, adding the
> spl call is probably better.

Well, let me rephrase: in what way is the handling of the queues not
MP-safe that simply adding a mutex-per-queue would not remedy?  It might
be about as easy to "MP-safe" this code as to sprinkle around the necessary
splbio()/splvm() calls, using mutexes at IPL_VM or IPL_BIO as required.

Thor