Re: pseudoify cgd

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:35:59PM +0100, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    The attached diff is essentially a diff by David Young, which I
> tweaked slightly (it wouldn't apply entirely against a more current
> source tree).
>
>    The motivation for this was because I needed access to the cgd
> device's device_t.
>
>    Does it look ok?

It does.  Two things, though:

  - numcgd is no longer necessary.  You should remove all references to
    it, and when you commit it, you can remove all the numbers in the
    kernel config files for the "pseudo-device cgd" line.

  - I looked at the code the other day, and I don't see any reason to
    allocate a cfdata_t for each device_t.  I'm fairly certain you can
    just use a static one common to all instances.  I know all the other
    drivers do that, but that's just people copy-pasting code without
    really understanding it (I'm just as guilty as the others).

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost