Re: rename(), wapbl and deadlock

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:59:30AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
>  > With these changes, I couldn't crash or hang a kernel using rsync
>  > on a WAPBL filesystem.
>
> Alas, you would have saved some time by pinging me; I did some hacking
> on it a few weeks back that covered those and some other issues.

Well, as there was no activity on the ML about this for months,
I though it was stalled.

> But I didn't post it because it didn't work: running my favorite
> rename stress-tester was giving me directories with entirely bogus
> (sometimes negative) link counts. No idea why yet.

Could you share your stress-tester ?

> Do you have a non-backported version? I probably don't have time to
> look at it for the next two weeks or so, but after that I can see
> about merging.

No, I worked only on the netbsd-5 version. I have some large-capacity
servers comming and I need a working journaled FFS.

>  > However, the system doen't come up multiuser if / is not logged:
>
> Odd...

Maybe I missed something when I backported the patch.
Do you know if the WAPBL version is good enough for the non-WAPBL case ?
A diff didn't show differences in the order on-disk operations are
performed, but I could well have missed something ...