Re: overriding RAIDframe disks as root disks with multiboot

    Date:        Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:00:08 -0600
    From:        David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost>

  | I think that the implementation method is important because the only
  | objection to Klaus's patch is that it adds some MD code to RAIDframe.

OK, yes, I see that point - I admit by being confused by that
line of argument, it doesn't seem to me as if finding a rootdev
or boot cmd parsing ought to be (totally) MD - certainly the
method of supplying boot input will be MD, and the finding rootdev
when there is no specification at all will also, but much of
what needs to be done there ought to be handled in an MI way,
including finding a specified device to be root, I can't think of
a good reason why all of that stuff would need to be duplicated
(and possibly different) in each port.

kre