microtime(9) on QEMU

I'm running NetBSD-current of a few weeks ago on QEMU. microtime(9) does
not return a timeval greater than or equal to {.tv_sec = 3, .tv_usec
= 0}. .tv_usec does increase and, I suppose, wrap.  This causes, for
example, isv_match() to hang forever waiting for 4/30ths of a second to
pass.

The microtime(9) manual page sets my expectation that microtime(9) is
monotonically non-decreasing.  Is QEMU just broken?  Are there any
conditions (such as elevated IPL) where I should expect for the "seconds
hand" to stop, but the "microseconds hand" to keep "rotating"?

Dave