Re: overriding RAIDframe disks as root disks with multiboot

Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> It's MD. BTINFO_ROOTDEVICE only exists on x86, sandpoint and zaurus.

I suppose we do not want MD code in RAIDframe...

> Also I'm not sure why you want this behavior. If you want to specify the
> root filesystem on the command line, don't set raidctl -A root on
> the raidframe device.

This would only work if all the kernels supported the multiboot command.
NetBSD 3 does not. I have a case where I need "-A root" for NetBSD 3
on one file system and NetBSD 5 on a second raid. Without the multiboot
command NetBSD 5 always tries to boot from the wrong file system.
Another point is, that IMO command line arguments should take
precedence. I was surprised when specifying "root=..." did not work.

ciao
     Klaus