Re: openat/fstatat functions implementation

In message <>, Adam
Hamsik writes
>On Sep,Friday 18 2009, at 9:59 PM, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> In message <>, Antti Kantee writes:
>>> As I noted privately yesterday, I don't ;)
>> Can you explain how it can possibly be correct for a stat variant
>> which
>> takes a file name to be named based on the stat variant which takes a
>> file descriptor?

>fstatat takes path and file descriptor. Where file descriptor is
>directory from which path is searched.

It *operates on* a path -- like stat, not like fstat.  You can use it on
a file you haven't opened -- like stat, not like fstat.

The other *at() calls don't get an f prepended to their names just because
there's a file descriptor somewhere in their argument list.