From: drochner%zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de@localhost
[mailto:drochner%zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de@localhost] On Behalf Of Matthias
Drochner
Sent: September-08-09 7:43 AM
To: sborrill%netbsd.org@localhost; jmcneill%netbsd.org@localhost
Cc: tech-kern%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: laptop speaker dead with hdaudio

Hi -

with hdaudio, my laptop's (Dell Latitude D820) speaker
is quiet. An external speaker connected to the headphone
jack works.
Where to start debugging?
The dmesg output is:
hdaudio0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0: HD Audio Controller
hdaudio0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 21
hdafg0 at hdaudio0 vendor 0x8384 product 0x7690 nid 0x01 (firmware
configuration)
hdafg0: DAC0:02, Analog HP Out: Jack (Black, 0D)
hdafg0: ADC1:03, Analog Mic In: Fixed Function (Unknown, 0F)
hdafg0: ADC1:03, Analog Line In: Jack (Black, 10)
hdafg0: 2ch/2ch 44100Hz-192000Hz 16/16 20/32 24/32
audio0 at hdafg0: full duplex, independent
hdvsmfg at hdaudio0 vendor 0x14F1 product 0x2BFA nid 0x02 not configured

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt