[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: uarea swap-out
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:59:06PM +0100, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
- Suggest leaving the ps keywords in place and documented. Removing them
could break scripts, and leaving them in serves as a reminder not to reuse
the same flag letters in the display. top and systat are by and large
visual so I don't have the same concern about them. Benfit of removing
them is only cosmetic.
- You can probably get rid of XS_CTL_DATA_ONSTACK.
- lwp_t::l_swaplock: worth leaving as a reserved field?
- uvmexp_sysctl::swapins, swapouts: would leave these and not rename so you
don't break compilation of third party software. Consider the various X
widgets that display graphs and so on.
- As an aside, elimination of pmap_collect() gets us a closer to the
simplification of pmap locking that I proposed earlier this year - where
MD page manipluation are implicitly locked by caller using the containing
object's lock (uvm_object and/or amap). It also allows lockless
pmap_extract() to be safe again - I can't remember if I disabled this. It
was unsafe because pmap_collect() was a "side channel" where PTEs and so
on could be ripped out from under the process even with the correct
Main Index |
Thread Index |