Re: NFS hangs (again)

>>    impossible packet length (113530219) from nfs server mailfs:/mail/spool
>>    receive error 27 from nfs server mailfs:/mail/spool
>
>Wow, you are having a lot of problems with NFS! Is that a single processor
>or a multiprocessor box? I forget if in 5.0 socket page loaning is enabled
>or disabled. In current it is disabled. Can you make sure that
>sock_loan_thresh is -1, in uipc_socket.c?

The particular problem in the message you replied to is unique, so I'm
not worrying about that one. Still, it should have been able to recover
without a reboot.

For the hardware box, it is a Pentium 4 with hyperthreading. I had to
turn off ACPI in the kernel config to make it work properly, so I don't
know if the second "processor" is being used.

For the Xen boxes, they are all multi-core, but NetBSD/xen doesn't support
multiprocessor.

In uipc_socket.c there is this:

    #if defined(SOSEND_NO_LOAN) || defined(MULTIPROCESSOR)
    int sock_loan_thresh = -1;
    #else
    int sock_loan_thresh = 4096;
    #endif

gdb is telling me that for my hardware kernels it is set to -1 and for
the Xen kernels it is 4096.

I have NFS problems on both types.

Thanks.

--