Re: Problems with hangs under NetBSD-5.x

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 07:31:17PM -0400, Matthew Mondor wrote:

> The only "hang" problem I have observed so far were netbsd-5 nfs client
> processes locking in nfsrcv wchan when using nfs over udp (this doesn't
> occur over tcp, yet I often see these with tcp, and it recovers after a
> short delay every time):
>
> nfs server foo:/bar: not responding
> nfs server foo:/bar: is alive again

OK, so it's a completely different case than what I'm seeing.
I suspect that scheduling is stopped in my case. In ddb, ps/l show
several processes in LSONPROC state on the same CPU. I wonder if this is
something expected. It could be an artifact of how __HAVE_FAST_SOFTINTS
works.