Re: roadmap for /kern

Am 02.08.2009 um 07:35 schrieb Matthew Mondor:

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 22:09:02 -0400
matthew sporleder <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

I was wondering what the current thinking was about getting more stats
into /kern and /proc.  It would be nice to see the full gamut of
system stats in files.

I personally find sysctl and the other *ctl and *stat programs more
useful and don't even have those file systems mounted, except
for /emul/linux/proc with the linux compatibility option. If new nodes
have to be added for better linux compatibility and many programs
expect them, it probably makes sense however.

Same here. On a side note, I would much like a /dev filesystem, I heard someone apparently is playing with that in a separate branch.

[...]

- Marc