Re: FreeBSD devfs support on NetBSD 5.0

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:22:59PM +0300, Antti Kantee wrote:
> On Wed Jun 17 2009 at 16:26:42 +0200, Adam Hamsik wrote:

> > >Is there any progress at all?
> >
> > Yes Matt is working on his devfs again. I think that it's mostly done
> > now.
>
> Maybe we can get a report from Matt also, so that we can evaluate the
> status and ensure progress instead of project locking?  Frankly, devfs
> shouldn't take that many weeks to implement if it is actually worked on.

On behalf of the core team, I asked Matt about his devfs
implementation (yesterday).  I hope he won't mind my quoting the last
part of his email response:

        "If HPS has a decent, working implementation of devfs that
        gets you the same features that I was proposing, then I'm all
        for integrating his and scrapping mine.

        That is, unless someone wants to pick up the patches I've got
        for devfs and finish it off."

Regards,
Alistair