Re: Adding KAUTH_DEVICE_TTY_ATTACH_<TYPE>

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Elad Efrat <elad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

>>> To summarize, then, we need KAUTH_NETWORK_INTERFACE::ADD + ::ENABLE
>>> (or similar) in ppp, and two more ::ENABLEs in sl/strip. We also need
>>> KAUTH_DEVICE_BLUETOOTH_ADD + ENABLE for btuart/bcsp.

>> Its ok by me, I only wanted to steer you away from the TTY viewpoint..
>
> Okay, thanks for your help.
>
> I'd like to indicate "ppp", "strip", and "slip", but I'll do that as a
> second pass. I plan on exposing kauth(9) listeners to less and less
> kernel internals, but this work will be done in stages like I've
> stated before.

Actually, perhaps we can do it all now.

I propose the following new actions/requests:
  KAUTH_NETWORK_INTERFACE_PPP::ADD, ENABLE for ppp
  KAUTH_NETWORK_INTERFACE_SLIP::ENABLE for slip
  KAUTH_NETWORK_INTERFACE_STRIP::ENABLE for strip

+ the ones mentioned above for bluetooth.

Please let me know if there are any further comments/objections.

Thanks,

-e.