Re: CVS commit: src

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:12:05PM +0000, David Holland wrote:

>  > Good thing nobody needs time to migrate or anything.
>
> Since several people apparently don't understand this idea, I'd better
> clarify: machines running -current and softdep will need to be
> switched to wapbl.

As a matter of record we removed softdep from the kernel configs months ago,
and it was generally known that it was going to be removed.

> Doing so requires rebooting twice and is furthermore a one-way trip;

I don't see how that can be true, at least with the statement taken at face
value. Also in case it's not known to all, you can downgrade a log file
system to softdep or vanilla. I have been switching between all three
regularly.

Anyway, this is why we have formal releases. 5.0 will ship with both
technologies. It will allow logging to mature further and also give people
a chance to evaluate it before they commit to it.

Andrew