Re: Input line editing

der Mouse wrote:
Add paging (optional) to the processing.

Hmm, worth thinking about.  It would be relatively intrusive, as input
line editing currently has nothing to do with output processing except
for noticing when output happens (to drive auto-retype).

One thing I do not want is for output to have to bounce through the
line editor process on the way out.  While ttys with ICANON set are not
used for bulk data input (see upthread), they _are_ used for bulk data
output, so the performance issue is no longer an automatic non-issue.

Still, I'll try to keep it in mind and make sure I don't exclude it as
a possible future direction.  I might even see a good way to do it.

Hmm, I remember way too few details about this, but I think you might want to research into ITS here. It had some nice terminal feature that I think might be similar to what you are looking at. But it's been a long time since I played with ITS, so I can't really give any details. I don't even remember the name of the feature. Someone more at home with ITS can probably help out here?

        Johnny