Re: Input line editing

On Feb 12, 2009, at 12:13 AM, der Mouse wrote:
Well...only parts of it, and even that only with substantial help from
the application.  And I never used TOPS-20, but I suspect the control
flow there is very different from the vague ideas I have.

Dunno what you have in mind. There was a lot of back and forth between the app and the OS with the COMND% JSYS. Anyway, it was just an idly amused question. I'm not convinced that stuffing this down into the tty line discipline is the right thing to do, but I do agree with your problem statement.