Re: Input line editing

In message <200902120132.UAA06763%Sparkle.Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>, der
Mouse writ
es:
>* Per-application differences (perhaps most notably input line
>history).  Possible solution: editor process watches the tty process
>group.

I think the issue is that I don't necessarily want the history to follow
the tty.  I tend to prefer it to follow the application -- and that creates
its own weirdness.  Sometimes I want my shells to share a history, sometimes
I want it to be one each.

I do like the basic idea of providing a general interface, but I'm not sure
how to reconcile it with the large amount of code tied to specific libraries.

-s