Re: PCMCIA broken (was Re: no ndis* at cardbus?)

On May 29,  7:23am, Iain Hibbert wrote:
} On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Matthias Drochner wrote:
} > plunky%rya-online.net@localhost said:
} > >   RBUS_IO_BASE = 0x4000   # default, does not work
} > >   RBUS_IO_BASE = 0x0a00   # works.
} >
} > Perhaps there is some problem with incomplete decoding?
} > The i386 CARDBUS config file suggests 0x600 btw.
}
} 32-bit cards seem to work normally with GENERIC anyway and I tried that
} CARDBUS config but found no change with the 16-bit ones.
}
} I took the 0x0a00 value from PRs kern/32327 and kern/32328 (and, all over
} the internet when searching for RBUS_IO_BASE :), which also suggests
} reducing RBUS_IO_SIZE and that worked fine for the 16-bit cards but both
} 32-bit cards paniced the machine in that case (from "cbb0: <rbus> no bus
} space")

     Is your dmesg available somewhere?  Have you tried PCI_BUS_FIXUP?
The issue is that some BIOSes don't initialise (assign bus numbers) to
all PCI buses.

} > > [3] I haven't worked out how to make the message buffer persist
} > > through a reboot on this machine yet
} >
} > Yes this sucks. It used to work until not so long ago.
}
} Mmm, I was blaming the BIOS, thinking that perhaps for 'security' it
} blanked memory on reboot (there is a significant pause)

     It might.  BIOSes do all sorts of things, and you can't count on
consistent behaviour here.  If you have any options for quick boots,
try those.

}-- End of excerpt from Iain Hibbert