Re: no ndis* at cardbus?

dyoung%pobox.com@localhost said:
> I see a better way than to integrate CardBus with PCI than to reuse
> rbus, to create a maze of special cases in the PCI code

Sorry if I created the impression that I question
your (or anybody else's) ability to find a reasonable
design.
But it would add complexity in any case, and likely
increase code size for the simple case where no
hotswap or so support is needed at all.

> FreeBSD integrated PCI and CardBus.  That does not mean
> that it is a good idea, or that it has been a success for FreeBSD

Our autoconf structure (the driver/attachment split)
is completely different and I think we can do better
than FreeBSD as far as modularity is concerned.
When we'll get driver demand loading to work well, we'll
be happy that things are well seperated.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt