Re: no ndis* at cardbus?

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 03:43:12PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> dogcow%babymeat.com@localhost said:
> > > Then there's the right way: roll CardBus into PCI. :-)
> > While I'd love to see this happen (and I suspect it's sorely overdue),
>
> Please don't do this, at least not unless you know
> exactly wat you are doing.
> For a minimal gain, it would make even more a mess of the
> PCI framework, and it would be in the way of proper
> PCIexpress/Expresscard support. (and ATCA which I might
> dig into soon)
> I'd also not do any autoconf related work before cube-autoconf
> is merged.

That doesn't mean things can't be discussed.  As you may have noticed,
I haven't had a lot of time to work on that and I don't want that to
prevent possible development in that area.

FWIW, I haven't restarted the branch yet because the modules things
changed a bit the environment of autoconf and while I have ideas how to
make driver modules work easily as far as autoconf is concerned, I don't
find them clear enough yet to put into code.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost