Re: Autoloading of pseudo-device modules

Adam Hamsik writes:

> On Jan,Friday 16 2009, at 2:42 AM, Adam Hamsik wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> >> Good, we need this feature.

> >> Both take a few minutes to set up, so I don't think this is a very
> >> convincing excuse for lack of superficial testing.
> >>

> > I will do it when this patch will stabilise little bit. I have
> > university
> > exams now so I don't have too much time.
>

> If there are no serious objections I would like to commit this patch
> against
> devsw and modules, too(if raidframe module doesn't work yet we can at
> least test it).

The RAIDframe module bits should not be committed  -- the code will
not work, and it doesn't need to be in the tree for testing for me to
determine that.  Before any RAIDframe module code goes in it needs to
be thoroughly tested...

Some thought needs to also be given to whether or not the different
RAID types should be modularized as well.. (e.g. to avoid loading
RAID 5 bits on a box with only RAID 1 sets..)

Later...

Greg Oster