cache invalidation in modload

Hi,

Why is cache invalidation, i.e. kobj_machdep(), required after loading
a module?  The module loading code doesn't appear to do anything
magically mystically mythical which would require a flush.  The only
reason I could even begin to imagine was to flush the instruction cache.
But at least on x86 this is not required according to my interpretation
of the Intel manuals.

Also, kobj_machdep() is unimplemented on some architectures.  Is it
unimplemented because it is not required or because nobody got around
to it?

  - antti