Re: Proposal: B_ARRIER (addresses wapbl performance?)

On Nov 1, 2008, at 8:46 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

I'd like an example of a SCSI (including FC or SAS) disk which shipped with the write cache enabled. I have never encountered this. The entire point of SCSI-style tagged queueing is to make it unnecessary for performance
reasons.

That's actually not the entire point of SCSI-style tagged command queueing.

-- thorpej