Re: Atheros HAL opensourced

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 1:10 AM, Quentin Garnier <cube%cubidou.net@localhost>
wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 12:57:20AM -0500, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> It seems that the HAL has been opensourced with a BSD compatible
>> licence[1]. It seems to include support for recent chipset.
>>
>> Is anyone willing to port it ?
>
> I've started to look at it.  It's not a terribly complicated task,
> although if_ath.c probably needs some changes to adapt to it.  I might
> start with a copy of if_ath.c so that the two HALs can live in the tree
> so that it can be more thoroughly tested before we ditch the horrendous
> blob for good.

FWIW:

% file netbsd
netbsd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
statically linked, for NetBSD 5.99.1, not stripped

Yes, still my -current snapshot from early november, but wait, the
better follows:

% nm --size-sort netbsd | grep ' r a' | tail -18 | head -12
00000888 r adcs.6480
00000888 r adcs.6498
00000888 r adcs.6504
00000888 r adcs.6580
00000bb8 r ar5416Common
00000bb8 r ar9160Common
00001028 r adesc
00003274 r ar5210hal
00003274 r ar5211hal
00003274 r ar5212hal
00005014 r alc260_loox_mixer_items
00006680 r ad1983_mixer_items

Next mail will (hopefully) go through my AR5424, but right now, I need
to jump into DreamLand and get a bit of sleep.

 - Arnaud