Re: panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error (but no I/O error)

Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= writes:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 09:11:15AM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> > What I'm not sure about is what might happen if it ran out of memory...
> > I *think* it's all  safe for that, but it's been quite some time since
> > I looked at that code...
> Hm, I was running the machine with swapping disabled at that point, but that
> shouldn't affect kernel code, should it?

Nope...  That, and digging through the code a bit more, there is a
very definite path that gets followed in this part of the code, and
there are no "out-of-memory" possibilities along that path...

But I'm completely failing to see how the "raid1: IO failed after 5 retries."
can occur without an actual component failure...

Later...

Greg Oster