Re: panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error (but no I/O error)

> No other messages?
No, the lines immediately before the "raid1: IO failed after 5 retries." are
"wsdisplay0: screen n added (...)" from the last boot.

> Note that our softdep implementation has no capability to recover from
> I/O errors whatsoever, so it just panics.
Is this any different in the FreeBSD implementation?

However, it looks like what I had was not a real I/O error.
Would it be possible that the softdep code tried to write a block outside
the partition, and that failed without a further error message from the
disk driver?