Re: panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error (but no I/O error)

Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= writes:
> So I just go another panic on the file server:
>
> raid1: IO failed after 5 retries
> raid1: IO failed after 5 retries
> raid1: IO failed after 5 retries
> /export/mail: got error 5 while accessing filesystem
> panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error
>
> The funny thing is there's actually no I/O error (at least nothing in dmesg).
>
> Upon reboot, fsck showed nothing unusual, just the usual few unref files and
> low block counts.
>
> Any ideas?

what does: raidctl -s raid1
say?

(my guess is it thinks one disk has failed, and the reason for the
above is that it also got an IO error in trying to read the other
disk...  In passing that EIO back, softdep wasn't happy, and fell
over..)

Later...

Greg Oster