Re: Path to kmods

der Mouse wrote:
ps: bias alert - I am one of those who doesn't much like dynamically
linked kernels (whether they're called LKM's or MODULES or anything
else).  I also much favour end users doing kernel source compiles
(not mandatory but highly recommended).

I'm in total agreement with kre here.

Based on the history of userland, I fully expect non-dynamically-linked
kernels to be desupported within some small number of years; people who
agree with kre and me might want to start preparing now for the
possibility that I'm right in that guess....

You can add me to your group. :-)
I'd like to have a system that is simpler, not more complex.

        Johnny