Re: setsockopt() compat issue

>> It affects only 64bit platforms anyway ...
> Out of interest, would this always affect 64-bit platforms?  I
> thought somehow that they used 64-bit ints in any case in which case
> this would not bite..

I think all NetBSD's current 64-bit platforms still use 32-bit ints
(it's longs and pointers that are 64-bit).

Arguably this is wrong, since int is supposed to be the machine's
native word size.  Why it was done this way I don't know - I didn't
make that choice and can't recall anything even hinting at why it was
made the way it was.

\ / Ribbon Campaign