Re: Final remote(4) / remote(9) API proposal

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> It depends what you mean by application. As I have stated before in this
> thread, /dev/remote isn't intended for direct use by the application that
> processes commands, they instead should talk to the userspace daemon which
> handles keymappings.

So in essence, this 'remote control' device can be sort of like a keypad,
might have functions like a mouse or even a plugged in gamepad.

In a completely generic way, it is a "Human Interface Device".. of course,
we have uhid and bthid already but perhaps there is more room in the
namespace?

iain