Re: Suggestions for reporting remote control button presses to userland

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > how do keyboards (or computers) with 'media buttons' work?  If they
> > translate into some kind of keycode then I think a remote control should
> > probably just do that also.. (it is a key press on a board of keys :)
>
> It looks like the USB HID spec has provisions for this type of thing:

Yes, and the Sony remote does provide HID information though not as a
keyboard, it uses Microsoft usage page input events which I don't think
there are specs for (but I could be wrong)

> It would be nice of there was a uhidev compatible layer that any driver could
> implement..

I did not make a bthid(4) to be compatible with uhid(4) yet but it would
not be that difficult - actually it would be better to merge the two
implementations (which job is already on my list .. :)

iain