Re: Setting TERM in single user mode

On Mon 06 Oct 2008 at 22:20:14 +0100, David Laight wrote:
> /dev/constty was added (by myself) so that sysinst could write to the
> console device while intercepting data written by the kernel (and daemons)
> to /dev/console without intercepting its own output.
> This is needed to stop kernel messages affecting the curses output.

Good idea. One time I was logged in on /dev/console for some reason, and
running screen. Kernel console output was messing up my texts, so I had
the bright idea to issue screen's "console" command to redirect console
output to one of its virtual terminals. Instant lockup ensued. It took
me a few seconds to realise what I had done...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.