Re: Status of revivesa

tonnerre%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

> More than this, everyone who tries to migrate to 5.0 smoothly. I, for
> example, have a number of servers which would have to be migrated like
> this. I cannot just take the servers down for hours until all packages
> are recompiled and reinstalled, I have to boot into the new kernel and
> then replace the userland gradually.

Well, then please try to test a revivesa kernel on such environments.
Claiming "it should be blah blah" doesn't help the situation at all,
and you can't even see the next release anyway.

We also have to ask Andrew what caused panics on his tests,
rather than claiming "it works for me."
---
Izumi Tsutsui