Re: Status of revivesa

Salut, Thor,

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:14:34 -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > How many users will actually be screwed seriously with SA,
> > rather than pleased by advantages on other features?
>
> Anyone who naively expects a 3.x or 4.x chroot environment to work.

More than this, everyone who tries to migrate to 5.0 smoothly. I, for
example, have a number of servers which would have to be migrated like
this. I cannot just take the servers down for hours until all packages
are recompiled and reinstalled, I have to boot into the new kernel and
then replace the userland gradually.

If I cannot do this, I will have to stay at NetBSD-4 until a solution
becomes available. And it is theoretically possible that I'm not the
only one with that problem.

                                Tonnerre