Re: pcmaudio(4), for fun and games.

        I'm all for it going in the tree if it works.  That way, it will still
work as the code moves along. And, I can think of several uses for it
already.
-Brian

On Sep 19,  2:10pm, Antti Kantee wrote:
} Subject: Re: pcmaudio(4), for fun and games.
} On Fri Sep 19 2008 at 16:09:49 +0530, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
} > Hi,
} >
} > Announcing the pcmaudio(4) driver, for all geeks with lots of PWM,
} > lots of time, lots of boredome and nothing else to do.
} >
} > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/cherry/pcmaudio
} >
} > Its basically been an exercise in writing a device driver for NetBSD,
} > and has only been tested with mplayer and xine.
} >
} > BUGS
} > plaympeg (libSDL) doesn't seem to work for some reason.
} > PWM translation seems to have some sort of bug, when the volume drops,
} > sound gets scratchy. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious in clock.c
} >
} > I've tried to organise the code to be as little intrusive as possible,
} > however, it does touch x86/isa/clock.c, pcppi(4) and attimer(4), so
} > here's what I'm asking anyone with the inclination to try:
} >
} > Could you run it on a slower machine (i386/486 etc) and see if it
} > works at all ? Also, if you disabled it, does it affect anything else
} > ?
} >
} > I don't expect to commit this anytime soon, unless someone absolutely
} > needs this in the tree :-)
}
} If it a) works b) doesn't break anything c) could be remotely useful
} for someone, why not develop it in the tree?
}
}   - antti