Re: unconfiguring swap at shutdown

> It's the kernel talking.  There is no such think as an unkillable
> process!

No, but it can get pretty close.

A lot of the unkillable processes I've seen are stuck deep inside some
device driver, waiting for an even that either will never happen or
which could happen but which is difficult to arrange for.

I suppose we could "kill" such a process by putting it into some state
in which it still exists as a thread but will never again be scheduled
and thus will never need any of its resources....

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign