Re: unconfiguring swap at shutdown

On Sep 2, 2008, at 9:16 AM, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

In principle, you're right; in practice, it's all just signal delivery,
sometimes to processes that appear to be blocked waiting for something
important. We'd need a different mechanism to terminate processes with
very extreme prejudice.

No, I'm not talking about signal delivery. Signal delivery is a very specific code path that only executes when a process is about to return to userspace.

Yes, I'm talking about a different mechanism.

-- thorpej