Re: rfc: fcntl() error reporting

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:35 PM, David Holland
<> wrote:
> Your test program exhibits undefined behavior because it asks the
> kernel to dereference an invalid pointer. EFAULT is therefore a
> perfectly legitimate result.
For what function?
I could agree if the called function is <a function with a pointer as
main arg>, f.e.
(I think the main argument for fcntl() may be file descriptor, or FD
and command pair.)

> (Although I'd argue that the process should also receive SIGSEGV.)
As you see no crash was there.

With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko