Re: rfc: high-resolution timer framework

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 05:35:04PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >Well, I was rather hoping that this code receives a fair amount of
> >testing before it can take the place of CLOCK_REALTIME.
>
> Well, it will definitely get more testing if it replaces CLOCK_REALTIME :-)
The other thing is, I'm not entirely sure if it makes sense to
completely get rid of current implementation based on the timer wheel. I
think this should be properly thought through and discussed. Probably I
can come up with a way for both to coexist.

> >[1]: http://koowaldah.org/people/ash/netbsd/010808/
>
> Looks good. I'd make cnt volatile to prevent gcc optimizing away your loop.
You're right, gcc indeed does optimize *some* of it away. I'll post the
updated version a bit later.

Regards,
--
Alex