Re: building the revivesa branch

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 08:17:53PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <>,
> Eric Haszlakiewicz  <> wrote:
> >
> >I just tried building the revivesa branch by
> >cd /usr/src
> >cvs up -dP -rwrstuden-revivesa
> >
> >but that ran into problems with missing directories (src/external and
> >src/sbin/dhcpd so far).  What's the right way to update to get a working
> >revivesa source tree?  Should I only update src/sys and src/lib?  Or
> >should I just wait until it gets merged?
> cvs up -dfP -rwrstuden-revivesa

Note that if anything on HEAD changes to be incompatible with the revisesa
code, you then can't do, for example, "cvs up -D <branch sync date> -dfP";
you're just hosed.  This is because cvs up -D -f -rbranch does not work;
the -D is interpreted relative to the branch not to HEAD and overrides the
magic -f that makes partially-tagged trees work.

This is why branches that tag only part of the tree just plain suck and
should not be used.

Thor Lancelot Simon
 "My guess is that the minimal training typically provided would only
 have given the party in question multiple new and elaborate ways to do
 something incomprehensibly stupid and dangerous."      -Rich Goldstone