kernel support enhancement for modern CPU and GPU

Keith Packerd, a legendary X server programmer, added an article in
his blog http://www.keithp.com/blog/ lately.

In quote;

Mapping graphical objects in a linear frame buffer where the data for each scanline is neatly arranged together in memory is an obvious
representation for the data;

As my knowledge about modern Pentium descendents is plain poor
and I'm a sort of MIPS and Alpha guy, I hope this rings bells on
someone kernel internal thoughtfuls.  Interaction among cache,
writebuffer and TLB looks back-to-'90 arguments to me.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology