Re: pcidevs added, but support not added (Broadcom BCM4318 AirForce One 54g revision 0x02)

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

See PR 34289:
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=34289

I have on NetBSD/amd64 4.99.67 the following:

vendor 0x14e4 product 0x4318 (miscellaneous network, revision 0x02) at
pci2 dev 2 function 0 not configured

It looks like dmesg output has changed a lot as now it shows vendor and
product number instead of name again.

Maybe we just removed PCIVERBOSE?   :)

But what I am curious about: why are entries added to pcidevs if the
support is not added?

To help identify those devices that need drivers?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |