Re: memcpy of struct buf, or similar?

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 11:30:00PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 10:18:22PM +0100, Andrew Doran wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know a point in the file system code, or ATA code, where outside
> > of vfs_bio.c we issue memcpy() on a buffer, assign to it or copy it another
> > way, or clear any part of it with memset()?
>
> There is code playing with buffers in an unusual way in dev/ata/wd.c,
> for the WD_QUIRK_SPLIT_MOD15_WRITE quirk, and wd_split_mod15_write().
> This code is only used for ST3120023AS and ST380023AS drives though ...

I don't have one of those: wd0 at atabus1 drive 0: <Maxtor 7L250S0>. I'll
read through it regardless and see if there is anything unusual.

I've disassembled all of the condvar code and some of the functions that it
calls (from a crashdump), and after reading through it all I'm pretty sure
the problem does not lie there, unless my assumptions about how x86 works
are broken.

Andrew