Re: rfc: fix

Ok. There is mawk related issue:

andy@~/prj/netbsd/$ echo | awk '{ print "\$NetBSD\$\n" }'

andy@~/prj/netbsd/$ awk -W version
mawk 1.3.3 Nov 1996, Copyright (C) Michael D. Brennan

compiled limits:
max NF             32767
sprintf buffer      2040

After gawk has been installed the test line works like following:

andy@~/prj/netbsd/$ echo | awk '{ print "\$NetBSD\$\n" }'
awk: warning: escape sequence `\$' treated as plain `$'

andy@~/prj/netbsd/$ awk -W version
GNU Awk 3.1.5
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991-2005 Free Software Foundation.

So. the issue is depend to awk implementation. My opinion is to fix
NetBSD to be more interportability.

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Martin Husemann
<> wrote:
>> I have the strings like
>> __KERNEL_RCSID(0, "\$NetBSD\$");
> That is wrong, and we should find a way to fix that. Can you please file
> a PR? Which version of awk is used there? The following test outputs the
> expected result both with gawk and the NetBSD in-tree awk:
>  echo | awk '{ print "\$NetBSD\$\n" }'
> though gawk warns: awk: warning: escape sequence `\$' treated as plain `$'
> Maybe there is a better way to fix it, like:
>   print "$" "NetBSD" "$\n"

With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko