Fwd: rfc: fix makesyscalls.sh

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
Date: Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Subject: Re: rfc: fix makesyscalls.sh
To: Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko%gmail.com@localhost>

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:02:59AM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> I have the strings like
> __KERNEL_RCSID(0, "\$NetBSD\$");

That is wrong, and we should find a way to fix that. Can you please file
a PR? Which version of awk is used there? The following test outputs the
expected result both with gawk and the NetBSD in-tree awk:

 echo | awk '{ print "\$NetBSD\$\n" }'

though gawk warns: awk: warning: escape sequence `\$' treated as plain `$'

Maybe there is a better way to fix it, like:

  print "$" "NetBSD" "$\n"

> And how is cvs correlate to the adding new syscall?

It isn't, but since this script is stored in the NetBSD cvs repository, there
needs to be a way to get it out of that w/o corruption. We could disable
keyword expansion for that file, but that is fragile.

Martin

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko