Re: uhci on non-x86

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 08:04:11PM +0200, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> I couldn't get a VIA uhci/ehci board to work reliably on sparc64 when I
> tried a couple of months ago. I guess it is a DMA coherency issue.
> You could try the "itohy-usb1" branch. I think it's supposed to fix
> such issues. I don't know what the current state of the code is, though.

I have an uhci/ehci in my U60 which worked for the limited testing I did.
However, on my amd64 machine I can hang the usb bus with usbmass devices
easily and on one of my i386 machines I can only get it to work once in a
blue moon (depending, in varying combinations, on entropy gatherered, devices
pluged in at boot, or whatever). So it never occured to me that it would work
worse on sparc64 than on other archs ;-)

Please file PRs if you see concrete lossage (like dma coherency issues you
mention)

Martin