Re: SATA II and PCI-X vs PCI for Areca ARC-1110 RAID Adapter

On Wed 07 May 2008 at 05:32:21 PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 11:29:43AM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>
>> Will 3.0 Gbit/s still be available?
>
>3.0 Gb/s is the speed used between the SATA hostadpater and the disk
>which should not be affected by the PCI bus speed. Considering the
>even SATA I with 1.5 Gb/s is faster than 32Bit 33MHz PCI it doesn't
>matter in your case really.

Well that's an important extra bit of info... no need to buy the card
if the only reason was to get faster IO from my SATA II disks!
(since I don't have a PCI-x slot available for it)

Thanks for all the info :)

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><